Thursday, June 13, 2013

Land of the Brave….


Land of the Brave….

So much has been happening here that I don’t even know where to start.
Lemme see…. The most shocking thing for me was the so called prophet who was apparently supposed to rise from the dead after 3 days… but only died and rose after few hours…. And the sun turned black. Her followers actually witnessed this?! I did not see any difference in the sky – the sun was normal to me. But who am I to falsify such prophecy??? All I know is that the bible warned us against this type of prophecies. And my take on this is that… I am catholic and shall not be moved by such prophecies!

Another shocking thing…. A so called website that trashed Namibia and made the country look real bad. I think the idea of freedom of speech was misused here. And I somehow think that this unique website is a sister to the so called “The Seals of Namibia” account on twitter that recently amazed me when they compared seal curving to women abuse in Namibia. There is only one thing I can say about such sites…. All countries have pros and cons. Trashing Namibia and creating a cyber war will not stop tourist neither the investors!

Another thing to write about is the bizarre letter that was circulated last year in Namibia. He he… that letter apparently consists of some guys who are known to be gay. Who cares about what sexuality people choose hano naana?! I mean gay, lesbian or bisexual you are still human. But believe me…. That letter must contain something big because it got so much attention and it almost ended up in court. And worse the guy who wrote it recently started a facebook saga against the former president or should I say the founding fathers …. Tate shafaoihuna. Huh…. I am skeptical about such things and it is better that I keep my comments to myself.

Remember Olufuko festival? I do. It happened last year August in Outapi. I am not against tradition or cultural practices but showing half naked young girls in public will leave us thinking that perhaps we should not bring back the old traditional practices because they can be harmful. Remember King Kamhaku ka Huhwa….. the former king of the Ombalantu tribe. People had to carry him around under a hut as there was not transport that time…. Worse someone had to volunteer for him to spit on. His saliva apparently never reached the ground. So why can’t we display such old practices??? Why only the ones that involve displaying half naked young women???

Lastly…. I observed that there are so many theorists here in Namibia. And if one is not focused you could end up in a wrong pool of theories. I mean why should we complain if the head of the Swapo Youth League could even be older than 40 year. He he…. Is Namibia using a different definition for young people. I thought the cut off age was 35…. Or even 30. My advise ----> Be smart young people and avoid being carried away by such theorist.

That’s all for now. I have so much to say about my lovely country. And YES I love Namibia despite all the predicaments that we are going through. United we stand and shall not be moved by false prophecy, and cyber war! 

No comments:

Post a Comment